As a Technical Operations Analyst you will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and management of the Market6 DemandView processes and systems. Our systems run 24 x 7 x 365 and our analysts must be willing to work non-traditional hours. The Technical Operations Analyst is also deeply involved in end-user support issues and helpdesk management. In addition, this position handles internal user support including laptop computers along with basic networking and infrastructure support.
- The day to day monitoring and management of the Market6 DemandView processes and systems. This includes monitoring of input files, process flows, data extracts and web portal applications ensuring service level agreements are met.
- Make system and process improvement recommendations to improve efficiencies. Ability to track and analyze trends. Effectively diagnose and resolve problems as well as promote new solutions. Anticipates problems and takes appropriate action to prevent issues from occurring. Uses all available tools to gets to the root cause of the problem.
- Capable of using SQL to generate ad-hoc queries into databases to track down data issues. Monitor quality control measure of the DemandView processing engine taking appropriate action when measurements fall outside acceptable parameters. Communicates with customer IT groups to resolve data issues.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and general support of systems. May help perform system backups, recovery and install new software.
- Responsible for taking calls from end users and directly assisting with questions or problems regarding data as well as web portal applications. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong SQL and relational database skills are required, with a preference for understanding the issues surrounding very large data sets (MS SQL, IBM Netezza, Amazon Redshift)
- IT Help Desk experience
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Flexible schedule requiring early morning, evening and weekend work.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in systems management or in a related field.
- Basic understanding of networking and pc support.
- Strong ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, Supply Chain or Syndicated Data space a plus
- Knowledge of Windows, LAN terminology, VPN, Wireless, Desktop, Printer, Hardware, Software, Installation & Maintenance
Market6 offers very attractive compensation and benefit programs as well as pre-IPO stock options. Our employees enjoy unlimited snacks and drinks at both of our office locations.
How to Apply:
Apply with a salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org