Market6® allows Kroger and suppliers to quickly identify problems in on-shelf availability and products that are out of stock. With Market6 retail analytics, trading partners collaborate and take action by balancing replenishment with demand forecasting.
Retail industry benchmarks indicate that out of stock rates regularly exceed 8% and 10% for promoted items. Retail merchandising is more challenging than ever before as retailers and suppliers attempt to solve these problems with new approaches to retailer-supplier collaboration in competitively charged markets.
Using retail analytics, Market6 overcomes these problems by delivering a web based collaborative solution that predicts demand for every store, day and product. With Market6, users compare demand to supply and pinpoint the root causes of out of stocks using granular data by promotion, category, product, geography and store.
WITH MARKET6, KROGER AND SUPPLIERS CAN:
- Identify exactly where and when a product will go out of stock representing the most risk to both the retailer and supplier
- Quickly isolate the root causes of out of stocks by analyzing promotions, inventory, demand, and store level detail
- Drill into product categories and report using integrated data from inventory, merchandising, promotion and point of sale systems
- Measure the “size of the prize” allowing category managers and supply managers to force multiple their efforts using shared data insights
- Develop collaborative action plans that increase on shelf availability while validating results every day
Measure Company Performance
Provide a shared view of sales and gross margin dollar trends by category, subcategory and product. Detailed data is available by region, division, store, week and vendor.
Vendor and Product Analysis
For each vendor and product, analyze lost dollars and the percent attributable to promotions including how this has changed over time.
Drill down by store and week to pinpoint specific locations where you stand to lose the most due to out of stocks. Analysts can measure vendor performance over time and identify patterns used to increase on-shelf availability.
Root Cause Analysis
Using shared data views, retailers and suppliers can quickly eliminate factors not directly related to out of stocks and focus their efforts on root causes leading to actionable plans to correct the problem.
Out of Stock Trends
Analyze out of stocks using a combination of products, locations, time and vendors to determine how out of stock events are changing over time.
Alert Team Members
Automatically alert team members when important thresholds have been met that could lead to a problem. Proactively address the out of stock problem before it impacts your business and trading partner relationships.